Automation in Revver is a highly efficient tool that saves time and resources by eliminating the need for manual intervention in routine tasks. This feature enables users to execute repetitive actions seamlessly, enabling them to focus on more critical aspects of their work. This guide gives an overview of the types of automation that are available and will instruct you how to turn on automation.
Types of Automation
- Apply Template: This automation, when applied to a container such as a cabinet, drawer, or folder, will automatically create folders based on your template when you create a sub-container. This automation cannot be applied to a file.
- Email: This automation allows you to email a notification to a specific user or group when a file is downloaded, uploaded, or deleted. This automation can be applied to a specific file or to a container.
- Notify: This automation will give you a notification from inside Revver when a file is downloaded, uploaded, or deleted. This automation can be applied to a specific file or to a container.
- Start Workflow: This automation will start a workflow, an automated process created by users. This automation can be started by file uploads, file moves, when new sub-directories are created, or when a profile item value is changed in the current location. This automation can only be applied to a container.
- API Callouts: This automation will start an API callout that is setup by the user. This automation can be started by file uploads, file downloads, file views, item creation, item deletion, item being updated, and when items are shared. This automation can be applied to files and containers.
Turning on Automations
First, to turn on automations you will need to be in the document view. You will then need to select a file or container. Next, click on the ‘bell’ icon in the far right document detail bar. You will now need to click on the ‘+’ to add an automation. After choosing your automation and configuring it with the appropriate settings click ‘Save’ at the bottom.
If you have further questions did you know that we offer interactive trainings here: revverdocs.com/open-office-hours
If you have technical difficulties, or encounter errors, please contact our technical service team at: https://www.revverdocs.com/chat